WHAT IS COUNSELLING ?
Everyone seeks advice and support from loved ones and trusted friends—people who can help us understand or solve a life problem. But sometimes we need more. Professional counselling involves someone trained to provide help. Counselors can help you recognize your inner worth and examine the way you see yourself. Counselling promotes growth and helps you:
- Express your feelings in a safe, supportive and non-judgmental environment.
- Identify and sort out your problems.
- Improve your coping skills.
- Identify and achieve your goals.
- Identify longstanding patterns of behaviour that keep you from solving your problems and developing new ways to look at them.
- Strengthen relationships and resolve problems.
WHEN SHOULD YOU SEEK COUNSELLING ?
No one answer is right for everyone, but if you are experiencing some of the following feelings, then counselling might help:-
- You feel as if you can't cope alone.
- You feel trapped, as if there's nowhere to turn.
- You worry all the time and never seem to find solutions to your problems.
- Your feelings are affecting your sleep, appetite, job and relationships.
- You've tried to change, but things aren't getting better.
WHY COUNSELLING ?